Thursday, April 1, 2010

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!

This evening I hung out with a guy who was one of my best friends until about 2 years ago.  It was definitely a God-thing!  We went to dinner, tried a new church, then got coffee and hung out at Starbucks for almost two hours!  We talked and laughed, picking up our friendship right where we left off!  Saturday evening I'll be preaching on 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Justin (my friend) is a perfect example of that!  As a new follower of Jesus, it has been awesome to watch him become a new creation through Christ!  God has been working in such awesome ways in his life, freeing him from many things that he was trapped in.  As we were talking, I realized that Proverbs 17:17 is so true!  A true friend does love at all times!  Even during the times they are separated, during the times that are painful, during the times that are easy.  Even though at one point he pushed me away, I never stopped praying for him and being there.  Companionship is one of the best gifts God has given us.  We are planning to meet once a week while I am home for summer and do Bible study and talk and pray together.  I am so excited to watch how God continues to transform him into something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment